[INTERVIEW] BUGS' Interview with B1A4!

By Blogger Master Selasa, 03 April 2012 0 comments


BUGS had a chance to interview idol group B1A4. The interview has been translated. Check it out below.



Q. Hello. I’m very happy to be able to meet the B1A4 members even through writing. Please introduce yourselves to the Bugs family who have been waiting for B1A4.
A.
Jinyoung: Let’s Fly B1A4! Hello. Bugs family! We are B1A4, who have come back with our first official full-length album, ‘THE B1A4 I [IGNITION]. Thank you so much to those who waited for us to come back and I’m very happy because of all the hot interest you are giving us. Since we worked hard to show everyone a good song, a song that has B1A4’s own colors in it, please love it a lot.~

Q. Your title song, ‘Baby I’m Sorry’, which was released on March 15th, reached first place for search rankings on portal sites. I think that it serves as proof that the fans’ wait was that tremendous. If you could give your thoughts on this?
A.
CNU: Because it’s an album that we’re releasing after a long time, we all waited for the release with an anticipating half and a worried half. I’m really happy that many people are listening and loving it, and on the other hand, I was really surprised. I want to repay back those who have been watching over us, with a cool stage and good song….


Q. Please introduce your first official full-length album, ‘THE B1A4 I [IGNITION]’.
A.
Jinyoung: After releasing two mini albums last year, we were finally able to show our first official full-length album, ‘THE B1A4 I [IGNITION]’. We picked the name of [IGNITION] because we hoped this would be the starting point of us receiving the public’s love and acknowledgement for our music and passion through this album. And since all the members have become adults this year, we wanted to show a more matured side to ourselves, so we’re showing a more fierce side in our performances and music than it ever has been. I hope that you can love our changed selves a lot.
CNU: And all the members, not just Jinyoung who wrote, composed, and arranged our title song along with producing the album, participated enthusiastically and because we enjoyed ourselves by talking to each other about a lot of things while working on this album, I think we feel more of an attachment to it. We also put an effort in trying to show the many musical colors of B1A4 such as R&B Pop, Hip-hop, Urban, and Ballads.

Q. Compared to the trend of album releases from idols these days, you released your first official full-length album when you haven’t reached your 1st year yet, which is unusual. Is there a reason for rushing the official full-length album?
A.
Baro: Ah~ Did we release our official full-length album fast? We don’t think that it was rushed. Each of the members normally have a lot of greed for music and we thought that we should repay those who love us through a filled album with more varied songs. 




 Q. Please tell us what kind of song your title song, ‘Baby I’m Sorry’, is.
A.
Sandeul: Our title song for this album, ‘Baby I’m Sorry’, is a song that was personally written, composed, and arranged by our leader, Jinyoung. It starts out with an intense trance rhythm and a drum beat as the base then it changes into a cheerful melody in the middle and at the end, it finishes off sadly. The specialty of this is that it has the unique point of repeatedly going from a twist to another twist. Also, the chorus has a strong addictive quality to it that make you automatically sing along even after listening to it once. Once Jinyoung hyung finished the song, he let me listen to it first, and I remember being really excited because I liked it so much as soon as I heard it. We went directly to the recording studio in the middle of the night and recorded a guide! (But Jinyoung hyung! What thoughts did you have while making this song?)

Jinyoung: ‘Baby I’m Sorry’ is a song that was created by turning the sadness of breaking up into a cheerful beat and melody. Although it’s a really cheerful song when you just see the mood of it, if you concentrate and listen to it with the lyrics, the sadness of breaking up is expressed well. And because I wrote in my own experience as the base of it, I think many people will be able to agree with it. 

Gongchan: If I was to point out the difference with this song from our past songs, I think it would be that our way of expressing love changed. In the past, we were always confessing because we liked them, but now we are showing farewells and there’s also a cry for them to come back afterwards. If we were showing our immature 10’s emotions in the past, I think our love story became more mature as the members are all in their 20’s now. 

Q. I think the members’ participation importance increased remarkably. What were each of you in charge of for this album?
A. 
Jinyoung: I participated in the producing for our first official full-length album and I wrote, composed, and arranged two other songs besides the title song. And since the other members participated in this album a lot, and not just me, the preparation period was really busy, but I think we spent it meaningfully and enjoyably. 

CNU: Just like our last album, I also participated in the lyric writing for this one as well. I think I was more careful about this one in order to show a more improved side to our selves than before. 

Sandeul: Whenever Jinyoung hyung was working on the song, I would be listening with all ears and gave opinions on the song and we shared a lot of conversations. i also recorded the guide under Jinyoung hyung’s coaching. When Jinyoung hyung was embarrassed about letting everyone listen to the song when he first made it, I was the person who listened to it first and evaluated it. And my solo song was placed in this album for the first time. Just like the name, I wondered how it would be like if I had a crush on someone for a long time and tried to sing it as calmly and clearly as I could. Rather than always showing a lot of emotions because it’s a love song, I think the sadness was expressed better because I sang it clearly instead. 

Baro: Including the title song, I participated in the writing and composing of 8 songs in total. And through a good opportunity, I was also able to put in my solo song. For my first solo song, ‘Just the Two of Us (Baro Solo) (Feat. Min of Miss A)’, I participated in not only the lyrics, but in the composing as well for the first time. Although it seems like a love story when you just look at the title, it has very sad lyrics about the story of a male and a female who have grown tired of each other and have their break up right ahead of them. I think that if they have dated before, there will be many people who will agree with this. Also, Miss A’s Min senior featured in this and I think she expressed the song’s feeling more with her thin but controlled voice.

Gongchan: I acted as the evaluating audience. When the hyungs let me listen to the songs they worked on or sang and rapped for me, I would evaluate them very coldly. When I first heard ‘Baby I’m Sorry’ as a guide, my heart was beating because I liked it so much. I will work harder and I hope to participate more in our future albums. 




Q. After debuting last year and showing a good side to yourselves, you won the rookie award during the Seoul Music Awards and Golden Disk Awards. Maybe it’s the expectations of receiving the rookie award, but the interest and anticipation will continue to increase a bit more. Do you have any burdens from it?
A.
CNU: Since we know many people are watching over and anticipating us, it’s true that we feel burdened. However, I don’t think I can conclude this feeling by just saying it’s burdening. It’s definite that we have to repay back the love we receive through better sides of ourselves and I think it’s the path that makes it possible for us to improve more.

Q. Your album’s overall title song seems to be, how do I say this, far from the bad boy image that males or idols are aiming for and you show a more considerate and kind, innocent boy image. Could you introduce what kind of males do each of the members think they are?
A.
Jinyoung: I’m a man that you need to meet with to know.

CNU: A man who puts an effort in for the person they love?

Sandeul: Truthfully, I think that I’m far off from the bad boy image. I heard many females like a bad boy? So I would like to become a bad boy too, but… I think it will be hard with my personality.

Baro: Erm… There are many people who think I’m a bad boy because my blood type is B. However, I’m a very sensitive and considerate man. Hahaha

Gongchan: When they look at me, many people think that I’m chic and quiet, but it’s not like that at all. I’m a warm and sensitive man. Although it may seem like that at first because I’m shy with strangers, I’m the complete opposite once we become friends. To the point where you’ll be surprised!





Q. If you were to suggest one song that you enjoy lately or fits the spring season, what would it be?
A.
Jinyoung: I want to suggest ‘Whenever’ by the Black Eyed Peas. 

CNU: I’ve recently been hooked on a song called ‘Swim Good’ by Frank Ocean. You can feel the sincerity in Frank Ocean’s emotional voice that seems like he’s crying out, so I think it’s a good song to listen to at night. 

Sandeul: I’ll suggest ‘Smile’ by B1A4! The melody and lyrics are really warm like spring.

Baro: ‘You Love Me’ by Kelly Clarkson, ‘Love Game’ by Tyga, ‘Lay You Down’ by Tyga (feat. Lil Wayne)

Gongchan: I have recently been listening often to ‘I Love You’ by Alex [Clazziquai] senior, but I really like the lyrics. I want to say this to the person I love one day.

Q. Please tell us your promotion plans up ahead.
A.
Baro: B1A4 just started promotions for our new album through ‘Baby I’m Sorry’, but we plan to step one foot closer to everyone through not only music broadcasts, but variety shows, sitcoms, open broadcasts, fansignings, and others. Please look forward to it a lot!

Q. To end this, please give a closing greeting to the Bugs family who read this till the end.
A.
Jinyoung: Bugs family! B1A4 has come back with their first official full-length album, ‘THE B1A4 I [IGNITION]’. There are many excellent hidden songs besides our title song, ‘Baby I’m Sorry’, so please listen to it and support us. We will become a B1A4 that continues to improve. Please take care of your health and we ask for a lot of love for Bugs as well. Thank you.




trans. cr; hyejin @ b1a4trans
Source cr; bugs ; 
Sharing is sexy

Related posts

0 komentar for this post

Leave a reply