[Interview] B1A4 “we’re young men now, not boys. but we’re still not complete men yet.”!

By Blogger Master Senin, 02 April 2012 0 comments

They’re not just a fresh and cheerful idol group. They are B1A4 (Jinyoung, CNU, Sandeul, Baro, Gongchan), who are personally finding answers to what they have to do in the future and wonder what kind of image they can show to the public.
B1A4, who are promoting their new song, ‘Baby I’m Sorry’, are enthusiastic. They did not hesitate at all. As soon as the reporter asked a question, they said, “Could I speak first?, and gave truthful answers.






Their recently released first full length album, ‘IGNITION’, is another product of B1A4 enthusiastically pushing ahead.

“Many people will probably think that our first full length album release was a bit quick for a rookie. Although our company thought that too, the members enthusiastically enforced that, ‘We really want to do this’. And by personally participating in the composing, lyric writing, and arranging as well.” (Jinyoung)
“Because of our fresh and cute image during our debut days, I think that many people already have a biased look about B1A4. And we receive misunderstandings about whether or not we’re a group that cares more about visuals rather than the music. So we wanted to show a new side to B1A4 and our own color through this album. And a matured side as well.” Jinyoung said.

B1A4 participated in the composing, lyric writing, and arranging for 8 out of the 11 songs on this official full-length album. The leader, Jinyoung, personally made and participated in the producing for their title song, ‘Baby I’m Sorry’, proving his amazing musical sense and potential talent as a singer-songwriter.

Just as much as the members’ participation level was high for ‘Ignition’, their contentment about it should be just that high.their leader said “It was an album that we suggested first because we wanted to do it and I think our passion for music was higher than it ever was. And that’s why the communication between our members worked out so well too. I think I liked it because it was different since we were able to show B1A4’s colors well.”

Baro stated “I personally felt sad about one point. Along with having to much with the comeback time and other various reasons, we were only able to put in a solo song for Sandeul and I in this album. It would have been better if there was a solo song for each of the members so we could each show our own colors, but sadly, we were only able to show one.”

“I don’t think it matters whose solo song gets released first. It’s just a difference in order. I think it was a good experience to be able to put our general dream into B1A4’s album and show it. Using this album as a stepping stone, I want to try out many things.” CNU said.

B1A4, who sang ‘OK’ and ‘Beautiful Target’ last year, were fresh. They worked shiny, fluorescent-toned clothes along with cute choreography. To this, words like ‘handsome boys’, ‘male gods’, ‘younger males’, naturally followed B1A4.

To this, Jinyoung said, “Truthfully, I’m quite sensitive about hearing ‘handsome boy’. Haha. But there were words like ‘macho’ and ‘beasts’ this time around. But there’s one thing I’m a bit sad about. We wanted to originally show you an image of the process of becoming young men from being boys, but they looked us as in too much of a manly way.”

During their comeback stage, B1A4 performed their title song and made a surprising revealing of another song, ‘This Time Is Over’. The feeling was different. Differing from songs released in the past, you could see the sides of B1A4, showing a serious and mature emotion.

Just like the fans’ reactions, the members, who stood on stage, had different feelings as well. Baro stated, “I personally thought that ‘This Time Is Over’ was more fitting for me. I was sad that I couldn’t show my favorite rap part because it was a short stage. And Sandeul said, “I agreed with the lyrics and I think ‘This Time Is Over’ was a song where I expressed my thoughts a bit more easily.”

On the other hand, CNU said, “I think I liked expressing ‘Baby I’m Sorry’ more.” And Gongchan replied, “I had an experience where I had a one-sided love, but wasn’t able to do much for them. That’s why it was easier to understand.”

To the members’ tangled up replies, Jinyoung gave a leader-like comment and cleaned it up by saying, “Because each of our thoughts are different, I think that it’s obvious that we would have different songs that we feel more comfortable expressing. I think it’s meaningful that we tried out a new thing, rather than what it is that we liked or not.” 





B1A4 is receiving good reactions from not only Korean fans, but overseas fans as well. Although it’s definitely good news, the members say it’s a spot they worry about that constantly grows. 
“We want to have good results in not only Korea, but overseas as well. If we want to do that, language is really important, but I’m worried about it because we’re still lacking a lot. And when I see other idol members fluently speaking another language, I feel really envious. And I also regret and think that, ‘Ah, I should have worked hard at it during the days when I went to school’. Although I may be lacking, I think I need to work hard enough so that there won’t be problems in communicating.” (CNU)

B1A4’s goal is clear. What they want to achieve this year and what kind of image they want to show the public. “Our goal this year is to get 1st place on a music broadcast and winning a Bonsang during end-of-the-year award ceremonies. We will work hard in order to make sure that we can receive it.” (Jinyoung)

“And another goal is to become a B1A4 that extends around the world. We want to become a group where not only Korean fans, but overseas fans and people related would see B1A4 and think of our own color.And I hope more people would listen to B1A4’s songs.” (Baro)


trans. cr; hyejin @ b1a4trans
source cr; tv daily
Sharing is sexy

Related posts

0 komentar for this post

Leave a reply