INTERVIEW] B1A4, chatterbox ‘sprout-dols’ who are overflowing with musical talent!

By Blogger Master Sabtu, 14 April 2012 0 comments

B1A4 threw away their fresh boy image and came back as young men through their first official full-length album, ‘IGNITION’.

B1A4 shows off their masculinity on stage with their title song, ‘Baby I’m Sorry’, which is created with a strong electronic and rock sound combined together.
However, they were ‘chatterbox-dols’, who showed off their talking skills to the point where I felt like I was watching a variety show broadcast and not meeting up with them personally to have an interview. When I throw out a question, they all interfer with each other so they can answer it and then the topic ends up straying off.
However, when they talk about ‘music’, B1A4’s expressions turn more serious than anyone else and I could feel a musician’s passion unlike past idol groups.

As if they were confirming this truth, there are songs in B1A4’s official full-length 1st album, ‘IGNITION’, where they personally participated in the writing, composing, and producing of. Their title song, ‘Baby I’m Sorry’, is one of them.

“It’s a song that expresses the sadness of breaking up with a cheerful melody and beat. I composed it and wrote it together with Sandeul. We wanted to show our passion and B1A4’s own colors. I was sad during our first and second mini-album promotion time because I heard often that we were a group that relied on visuals.” (Jinyoung)
“While recording this time, we fixed things around a lot and put a more sincere effort into it. Our greed to do good was large.” (CNU)

“In this album, I have a solo song, but I wanted to capture the mood while recording so I turned off all the lights and turned on a small light so that all I could see were the lyrics and then started to sing by myself.But suddenly, someone hit my arm. I was scared so I immediately turned on the lights and ran outside. But they say that you’ll become a big hit if you see a ghost. Seems like this album will do well.” (Sandeul)

When I asked if a lot of copyright payment comes in (for the songs), Jinyoung cut me off and answered that he didn’t make the song with that as a goal, so he doesn’t have any interest in the financial aspects of it.

“Truthfully, I thought that financial happiness would come to me if I wrote a good song like Jinyoung hyung, so I tried it out, but I really couldn’t do it. Seems like you can’t make it with that kind of mindset. (Laughter)” (Sandeul)



B1A4 are called ‘blood-dols’ because they made up of one blood type B and four blood type A’s, they’re called ‘countryside-dols’ because all of the members come from the countryside, and they’re also ‘sprout-dols’ after garnering attention with the ‘sprout dance’ that they showed on a variety program.

“I like the nickname of ‘countryside-dols’ the most. Because I don’t think I’ve seen a team where the members are all from the countryside.” (Gongchan)

“Because I’m the founder of the ‘sprout dance’, I like ‘sprout-dols’. It was a dance that came out of impulse while we were practicing, but the response was unexpectedly good. I’m creating a new dance nowadays as well, but it isn’t as easy as I thought it would be.” (Baro)

There should have been oppositions from their families of them promoting as singers while living far away from their families, but the B1A4 members said that their families actually actively supported them.
“My mother was a trot singer, but she was against me doing music. I got caught going to a music class with the money that she gave me for extra learning classes, and she set out pork feet then called me over, but she ended up giving me permission to try my hardest. (Laughter)” (CNU)

“Because my mother was part of a chorus ensemble, she taught me how to sing. Ever since I was younger, I would follow her to a karaoke room and receive the grade from there as well. My father told me it was a useless thing to do, but after I became a singer, he brags about me and says, ‘that’s my son’.”(Sandeul)

“My mother did vocal music and my father played the guitar. Because I had a lot of interest in the celebrity industry, they made me a children’s clothing model ever since I was little. I secretly did my first audition alone, but after finding out that I made the 1st cut by chance, they told me that I should have told them earlier. Then they took me to a dermatologist and bought me clothes. They also put me on a diet.” (Baro)





B1A4 is actively promoting in other departments besides music. CNU is in the KBS 2TV daily sitcom, ‘I Need a Fairy’, while Baro is a fixed MC on Y-STAR’s ‘God of Cookery Road’.

“Because CNU hyung’s character in the sitcom is too perfect, I don’t like him. He’s not even like that at all in real life.” (Sandeul)
“Although he’s like that in sitcoms as well, it’s really funny to watch everyone try to show off their pose on stage. In the dorms, we all just walk around wearing one piece of underwear, so when people who don’t know that see us on stage, they’ll just think that we look cool.” (Baro)

“But seeing everyone’s concentrated side is really cool. I thought that Sandeul hyung looked really cool when I saw his featuring stage for Haha senior. Recently, Haha senior was tearing up and was thanking Sandeul hyung after his stage was over, but it was something I only heard from Sandeul hyung, so I don’t know if it is true. (Laughter)” (Gongchan)

Just like how it’s the trend for idol groups to promote as models, actors, and variety show people and not just singers, B1A4 didn’t show their greed in wanting to try out other departments as well.

“All five of us like acting, so we all want to try it out. I personally would like to appear in a movie and act as a really unique character.” (Jinyoung)

“I want to act as a soldier in a war movie. Truthfully, my dream was originally to be an actor, not a singer. And I had dreams of being a soldier when I was younger as well.” (Baro)

“I stood on a fashion show before as a model, but it was really a fun experience. Although it was a bit lonely to be alone without the members.” (Gongchan)
However, the largest task for B1A4 is to secure their position as a singer. Their goal this year is to get 1st place on a music broadcast and to win a Bonsang award during an end-of-the-year award ceremony.

“We want to hold a solo concert under our name. If we want all these goals to come true, we’ll have to work even harder than we do now. Continue to look over us in the future as well!” (Jinyoung)


trans. cr; hyejin @ b1a4trans
Source cr; asia today

Sharing is sexy

Related posts

0 komentar for this post

Leave a reply