[INT] Performance Band-dol, LEDApple

By Blogger Master Senin, 23 Januari 2012 0 comments
We have no match with the digital guitar’s popularity! (laughs)

‘Nervously’ was their first impression when they greeted us shyly and every time they go with this “timid” smile, they give out flexible responses.

LEDApple who recently comeback with their second single ‘CODA’, is an idol band consists of six members that debuted on October 2010. It was formed by Hanbyul (vocal) as leader, KeonU (DJ), Youngjun (guitar), Kwangyeon (Bass), Kyumin (vocal), and Hyoseok (drum).

Member Youngjun (21) showed us a performance with the digital guitar and talked about it happily.

“Camera directors don’t shoot us, instead they only shoot the guitar. Though I only say this through an article, if it continues like that I’ll play it like playing a violin by put it beside my face.”

While still only with the digital guitar, they said they want to improve until they can be the Led Zeppelin of the 21st century, we are facing such a genuine passion from these boys who spoke about it confidently.

“If we are shooting with Nam Gyuri sunbae, we can go through a week without sleep”

The title track “Someone met by chance” which is produced by Shinsadong Horaengi, Ji In as composer, and completed with Kim Ina as lyricist made this composition great. With LEDApple’s digital guitar and their DJ’s electronic sound added, the song is completed ever than before. It gave a new life to the composition.

In LEDApple’s MV, the “doll-like beauty” that matches with popular actress Nam Gyuri is also gaining a lot of attention.

“I couldn’t forget Nam Gyuri sunbae’s first impression. Her face was really small. Because of her baby face, I also couldn’t believe that she was born on 1985. While already shot for 2 days, the next day I couldn’t tell if she was tired or not because she didn’t look tired at all.”(Kwangyeon)

All the members’ height are more than 180cm, dentistry student - music director - model… it’s like only “Eomchinas” are gathered here.

If we take a look of all the members one by one, you can’t separate them from the term “Eomchina”. All the members’ heights exceed 180cm, and of course good looks and personality, even a dentistry student from a top university in Australia, a model, a movie’s music director, then a computer genius.

“I was born in Australia and now I took time off from the Dentistry department of Queensland University. My parents wanted me to enter the Dentistry and I agreed to that so I studied very hard. After entered it I still studied hard until I knew music. (laughs) Also, in Australia I met friends with different nationalities, while we’re all studying together I learned four languages- English, French, Latin, and Korean. Aside from that, what is best in Australia education is learning sports such as basketball, soccer, skin-scuba, shot put, spear throw, saxophone, snowboard, etc, there’s nothing I’ve never tried.” (Hanbyul)

“I have experienced working as movie’s music director. I have worked on two movies, they are “I Saw the Devil” and “2 Women.” (KeonU)

Just after KeonU finished his talk, other members were like “me too, you too”, all of them were complimenting KeonU’s composing talent.

“KeonU really can play various musical instrumentals, not only guitar and drum. In our team he is in charge of DJ turntable and also uses digital mixers. He also composes a lot, in his notebook only for his own compositions there’s about 1000 compositions. Even producer Shinsadong Horaengi has already acknowledged it. He said that there’s something different with KeonU and he also said that he’s a genius. Sometimes he plays his composition for us to hear and it’s really great. It’s addictive.” (Kyumin, Youngjun)

Kyumin, with height of 188cm that is suitable for a model, told us he also has experiences on this field.

“When I was in second year of high school, after I suddenly grew a lot taller, there were many random offers that came to me to be a model while just walking down the street. I had modeled for Capa magazine ads, and before debut also I made an appearance as a model at that time in 4minute seonbae’s teaser video.” (Kyumin)

Kwangyeon also has a unique national technical license for computers that can be classified as computer genius. Hyoseok’s and Youngjun’s talents in playing musical instruments have been acknowledge since they were young, so they entered school of art’s music department that made them two talented boys in music.

Children of a famous composer and a gagman… the children that were born gifted, inheritance that can’t be hidden.

Among the members, KeonU’s father is the famous composer Park Kwanghyun and Hyoseok’s father is gagman Kim Eunwoo.

Park Kwanghyeon is the composer behind Lee Seungcheol’s “Don’t say goodbye”, Kim Geonmo’s “Sleepless Rainy Night”, etc which were representative songs in 80’s and 90’s and just among the hits he coposed. When the interviewer asked if he got a lot of help from his father who is a musician, he was hesitant for a while before he began to speak.

“I think he wanted me to realize it on my own. When I was in elementary school, I told him that I wanted to learn how to play the guitar, at first he didn’t want to, instead he teased me by teaching only me the “doremifasolasido” scale. He told me to do it for about 1 year.” For 3 months he only told me to practice but he didn’t even check on it. After 3 months, I’d tell him I’ve already done it all he will just say “Do it once again”, and again I said I had finished with that the this time he taught me to follow along with the um sound (like humming) and finally he told me to practice again. Although he didn’t show it, from that I could feel that my father loves and care for me a lot. Sometimes he also sends messages that said he loves me.”(KeonU)

And then he also said he really liked his father’s compositions.

“Among father’s 4th collection, there’s a composition entitled “Now in memory”. It’s not really popular but it’s a composition I like a lot. I also liked all the songs from the album of the group called ‘Daisy’ that were formed together by my father and a jazz musician as a project.”(KeonU)

“I also really like KeonU’s father’s compositions. The songs that I really like are Lee Seungcheol’s “Don’t say goodbye” and Jeong Inho’s “Do (Haeyo)”. I was really surprised when I heard that the composer of these songs was KeonU’s father.” (Hanbyul)

Hyoseok’s father Kim Eunwoo is a gagman that appeared in “Comedy Jeonmangdae (observatory)” and in 1990 rose to fame through sketch comedy. Hyoseok said by wtaching his father he began to dream to be a celebrity.

“When I was young, I often tagged along my father to his work place. But my father really opposed my wish when I said I want to be a celebrity. At first I didn’t know why he disapproved it but now I seem to know about it.” (smiles) (Hyoseok)

Altough they said it was difficult, they got their talents from their fathers. Although these boys are young, they are witty, their eyes showed something different, from the start they gave off an aura as professionals when passionately talking about music.


“Handsync? We want to show a lot of live performance but it’s kind of unfair.”

LEDApple is confident to play live as a band with great skills. These boys poured out their feelings about their disappointment regarding the hand-sync controversy. (it’s a situation when someone pretend to play musical instruments)

“These days, there are a lot of local music broadcasts who don’t give playing live as an option. We want to show our real skill through live performances. Because we are still rookies, there’s not a lot of chance to do that.” (Kyumin)

In fact even if it’s MR or while we’re on stage, we’re actually playing the same. If you say we’re only focus at what can be seen, it’s not a performance. It is the same with the live performance only there’s no actual sound at all. So until we can play live with the sound out directly, we’re really excited and I think we’ll do it well.” (Youngjun)

These boys showed their expectations by saying that if they’re becoming popular and the chances to perform live appear, they will give out their best performance.

“In our position right now we are doing our best to practice. If you keep along with our performances, we can show you a better one when it’s live, right?”(Hyoseok)

“In the future, we’ll show you our improvements, like our group name we’ll strive to be like Led Zeppelin. To be known as a group with the same skill like them. Although it sounds too much, “there’s Led Zeppelin in 20th century and LEDApple in 21st century” we want to be remember like that. But before that we must be more popular than Youngjun’s digital guitar first.” (laughs) (LEDApple)


Credits: news.donga | shinysharp @ LEDAfied
Translation: sein @ LEDAfied
Sharing is sexy

Related posts

0 komentar for this post

Leave a reply