[INT] JUNIOR Magazine, Interview with LED Apple August 2011 issue

By Blogger Master Sabtu, 07 Januari 2012 0 comments

Scans by: ♥ Ru @ LEDAfied
They came back to after 8-months with some changes. Shining like LED on stage, LED from Led Zeppelin, idols with freshness like APPLES, here is LEDAPPLE! Their name and intentions are still the same but a lot of changes with the members and their style. With greetings unlike most amateur groups, they seem to be quiet but it was a lively energetic afternoon conversation. New look and feel as they are promoted!

J (as Junior): How are you feeling after you started your activities now?
Jaehun :
It’s already a week after our first debut stage. Kyumin is a little sick now. Because of a car accident his leg is still hurt, so he can’t perform on stage. We should wait a while until his leg is better. So even until now we still feel restless when we think about performing on stage.

J: There are a lot of changes from your visit to last year, did you change your members?
Kwangyeon :
The former members are only two of us, I and Youngjun. The others are members who scouted and went through a survival process.

J: What’s your thought about the changes that made you start again?
Kwangyeon :
No matter what, if there’s a member change, automatically all of it becomes new again. I was the maknae before, but after 93-line (Kwangyeon, Kyumin, and Hyoseok born in 1993) was created I feel a little at ease.
Jaehun : “Leader hyung is nice to me”, Why don’t you say something like that?
Kwangyeon : Yes? Why should I tell a lie? You treat me nice~
LEDApple (as L) : You’re not close with us. Loner! Loner!

J : How was the leader chosen?
L :
Age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaehun : It’s because I’m the oldest and also the main vocal so I was told to be the leader. (Smiles)

J: In the dongsaeng’s point of view, does Jaehun show good leadership?
Youngjun :
Because there are younger ones, no matter what, it’s best to give the leader position to the oldest.

J: We never thought that he’s the oldest. Especially among the members.
Jaehun :
Thank you.
Kyumin : If you are told to pick the member who looks the oldest right now, who is it?
J: All of you are the same~
L : But your gaze is pointed at Kwangyeon~~~
J: It’s really not like that. All of you looks really young~
Kyumin:
Wahahahahahaha~
Kwangyeon: (with straight face) Now you laugh hysterically.

J : All of you look like you’re at the same age, since your age differences are not big. So the atmosphere here already changed, please introduce your mini album.
Jaehun :
I’ll start with our band introduction first. Our band is different with former idol bands because we’re a performance band. We put in dance, expression, gesture a lot in our performance. Because of that many people actually think that our concept is refreshing. This time we promote with our song “Who Do You Think You Are”. “Who Do You Think You Are” is a song about a man who was dumped by a girl but it’s not a sad thing. Instead, he nicely and coolly says things like “I’m okay without you so just go” to the girl who dumped him. It’s a song which coolly expresses the concept. The electric guitar sound is big and awesome. It’s has a great charm.

Sharing a warm like sunshine chat with LED Apple~

J: While you were working in this album, is there anything special that happened that you still remember now?
Kwangyeon :
If you would pay attention to the song ”Bam Bam Bam”, while we’re recording the chorus part Hyoseok just put my nickname in it. Even if it’s like that, our PD said “Ah, that’s not bad” and then asked us to put it in our song, although finally in the song that sound was so little. Because you have already known this, if you hear the song you’ll hear it.
Jaehun : His nickname is “Kwangdeok”.
Kyumin : Kwangyeon + Odeok! He has a lot of interest although it’s all weird and unusual. He bought a pen worth of 100.000 won and just spun it around.
Kwangyeon : I really like special (unique) things . Not the usual pen, it’s a special pen that can be spun around. I really like to collect things like that. Because I did something like that, I am always teased by calling me “Kwangdeok”.
Jaehun : He knows a lot of things. Even things like comics, he knows a lot about it and he also great at playing games.
Kyumin : put aside about bass, he’s good at everything. (laughs)
Kwangyeon : It’s supposed to be a secret.
Kyumin : He can find what’s wrong in the game “Find what’s wrong in the picture” only in 5 seconds.
Jaehun : I want to show it later. It’s really… really very awesome!
Kwangyeon : Look at the picture and just focus it in one eye. If you do that, the wrong one will look like it’s sparkling so you can find it. The game is in the phone, although I can show you right now, we are still recording so~~
(At last after the interview, our editor made sure to check out Kwangyeon’s skill in “Find what’s wrong in the picture”. It’s unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Kyumin : Kwangdeok~ So it’s Kwang~deok! It sounds like sounds effect. There’s one more thing, when he’s exercising (doing sports) he always makes sure to eat foods rich in protein and then his self esteem will increase, “Oh~ my shirt doesn’t fit~ must be because of protein~” he’ll say it like that. So, we made jokes from that. When we do the recording Hyoseok said it like this “Protein~”.
Jaehun : It’s not like we recorded it as a joke, “Can we put it in?” we seriously asked like that to our PD. Like a sound effect~~ You can hear Protein clearly! Try to listen attentively to it.

J: In this second half of the year, there are many boy groups who debuted. Please tell us what makes LEDApple different from other groups?
Jaehun :
There’s a lot of groups who appeared like our friends from Boyfriend and N-Train. About what things that makes us different, I thought of one thing, first we’re called as a band so it’s different. As it is, if we talk about performance too, I think we have our own color. Besides that, we are trying to communicate a lot with our fans. Like now, we have our special time to share what we like through twitter. When our fans go to our company’s office for small fanmeetings, we always try to attend it although only for a while, we approach our fans in more familiar way like talking, sharing, and taking some photos together. In the future, when we become more famous and more successful, we want to continue doing things like that from time to time, so I hope we can be a group that has a harmonious relationship with our fans.

J: Do all the members use twitter?
Kwangyeon :
Yes. All five of us have twitter. It’s our personal twitter accounts.

J: Fans sure will like it.
Jaehun :
There’s a lot of requests. (laughs)
Kwangyeon : It’s very difficult. And the mentions are also unique too.
Hyoseok : There’s also someone who asked us to make a seal’s sound.

J: What’s the sound of the seal?
L:
Eongeoeoeongeong~~ (LEDApple who also good at making seal’s sound)

J: Did you reply to those kind of mentions?
Jaehun :
There are members who follow requests and there are also members who chicly refuse it. Anyway, it’s what the fans want. If we can, we want to comply with all of it but we aren’t permitted to use our phone when it’s practice time. Because our practice time is so long, we are sorry we can’t answer all the mentions often.

J: There are a lot of our readers that still don’t know much about LEDApple, can you please tell us each member’s personality and characters?
Jaehun:
In the beginning when Kyumin joined the group, he didn’t say anything for about 1 month. I thought he doesn’t talk a lot. He’s really a timid kid! But after our debut was decided, and our contracts were signed, he started to change little by little and showed his true personality. Now you can’t control it. He’s really cheerful and bright so he can’t stand a dark and depressing situation because of that he’s in-charge as our mood maker. He’s so noisy when sleeping. He really talks a lot.
Kyumin : I don’t talk while sleeping. I’m twittering so I always keep the lights on, but when I am told to turn off the lights, I become angry.
Jaehun : It’s 2 in the morning~ It’s because all of us must sleep together~
Kyumin : But when I move to some other place to sleep, he will come to me and just to tell me to sleep.
Jaehun : It’s because you sleep alone in a cold place, so I told you to sleep beside me, but I’ll try not to do that anymore.
Hyoseok : It doesn’t matter how I would look at it, it just seem gay to me. All the time they sleep side by side, hyung will just touch Kyumin’s waist.
Kwangyeon : It’s really serious. After he scolded someone, he’ll kiss their forehead.
Jaehun : Although we’re not really that close, we must act close to each other. Like cats and dogs. From the very first time until now, Kwangyeon is the timid one. Look… now he’s sulking. From his appearance, he’s body is also big and good. But his heart is really~
Kyumin : A girl lives inside his heart.
Jaehun : Youngjun enjoys his loneliness. He must be in a dark place. Even now there’s magic inside his cup. (Youngjun insists on holding his cup). When we are back to our dormitory, if we don’t sleep at least we must turn on one light, right? But because of him, we can’t turn on any light.
Kwangyeon : He turns off the light and then plays guitar.
Youngjun : I can’t really tolerate bright places. If there’s light when I’m resting, I feel like I’m losing energy.
Kwangyeon : He’s a bat~
Jaehun : Among our members, he’s the most well mannered (gentle), dark, and scary.
Kyumin : Devil’s child.
Jaehun : As for Hyoseok, he is highly influenced by his father (Hyoseok’s father is gagman Kim Eun Woo). He is quiet and calm in front of other people, but when he’s among the member he’s really playful. However, he’s the most mature among the 93line members.
Kyumin : My first impression of Jaehun hyung was really bad. We are together from the survival. At that time there’s Jaehun hyung best friend and they are the same age. Because all three of us were vying to be the group’s vocalists, if I pass, one of them will be eliminated. So they really hated me. He even asked me if I could just leave. Because I hated those words, I just kept quiet for a month.
Jaehun : No, it’s because Kyumin isn’t from our team. He is from another team so I just thought “Ah, a tall kid will join!“. Just like that, but because he’s from the team that doesn’t have anything to do with us, we just kept on practicing hard. But one day, we were told that we’ll be in the same team. If he joined our team, one must be eliminated between me and my friend. So with a childish mind I asked him if he could just leave~ But the next day, we’re making the contract.
Kyumin : In my opinion, if I get eliminated, Jaehun hyung must also be eliminated and must get out. I have even thought it.
Jaehun : Even now, our relationship is not really good.
Kyumin : Although it’s better now, but the bitter feeling is still~
Jaehun : Except this friend (Kyumin), all of them are good. Actually all of those are jokes! However, he’s the most comfortable friend to be with.

J: Among these 5 members, is there something like this, who is close with whom and who’s still uncomfortable with whom?
Jaehun:
All of the members don’t talk anything when with Youngjun.
Kyumin: I’m okay with all because by nature I’m really an open person. Only with hyung (YoungJun) it’s like that.
Jaehun : I’m not close with all of them. When there are only two of us, I feel awkwardwith all of them. Just kidding. (smiles) When I’m with Kyumin, we joke a lot. When I’m with KwangYeon, I also tease and joke a lot. Usually I talk a lot of serious stuff with Hyoseok, I can’t say anything when I’m with Youngjun. (laughs)
Kyumin : I’m close with all of them. If there are only two of us, it’s not awkward.
Youngjun: Even so, I feel utmost comfortable with masseuse Kyumin-gun! Because he is gladly willing to do anything he was told to.
Hyoseok : Because Kyumin is always full of energy, rather than just conversing with me, “Just tell me if you need a massage”, he’ll say something like that.
Youngjun : It’s really a great deal.
Hyoseok : I’m close with all! Same with Kwangtan.
L : Hahahaha

J : Why did you call him Kwangtan?
Kwangyeon :
My name is Kwangyeon and I live in Kwangtan.
Kyumin : Please say your address.
Kwangyeon : Gyeonggi province, Paju city, Kwangtan town, Sinsa village no 00-0. Only 30 minutes driving, you’ll see Panmunjeon (It’s a Joint security area between North and South Korea). It’s in a dangerous situation. Now, the relationship between North and South is not good. Besides that, my grandmother from my mom’s side often called me with Kwangtan, so it’s like a familiar feeling and thoughts just come back again.

J : Who is the most popular member among the fans?
Jaehun :
Before, there’s a lot of Youngjun fans.
Kwangyeon : Recently I heard that Jaehun hyung just swept all the fans in a cast. When he appears on stage~
Jaehun : But I think my fans will soon be gone. Because when we appeared on interviews just like this, Kyumin says very bad things about me~
Kwangyeon : Choi Jaehun is a devil. (smiles)
Jaehun : Because of that, my fans will decrease a lot. I’m sad... it’s because of Kyumin.

J : Please treat your Hyung better.
Kyumin :
I don’t want to.
Jaehun : Look~ But really, he even doesn’t show 1/10 consideration of this.

J: If you’re a girl, is there any member you want to have as a boyfriend?
Jaehun :
Nobody wants to date me?
Kyumin : Absolutely no! Never!
Jaehun : For me, except Kyumin, I think everybody is okay.
Kyumin : Me too, except Jaehun hyung, all is okay. He’s a playboy.
Jaehun : Kyumin hates everything that I do well. Alright, I want to date sunbaenims from B2ST.
Youngjun : Ah~ (After being worried for a long time, Youngjun begin to speak now) I choose Kyumin. For the others, just comfortably seeing each other is enough.
Jaehun : Don’t you think about other celebrities?
Youngjun : No, if I meet someone, it’s not really important if (he/she) is a celebrity~
Kyumin : Jaehun hyung is the one who likes to pretend he’s a celebrity the most.
Jaehun : It’s not like that.
Kwangyeon : I don’t choose anyone from the members.

J : Try to choose one among the members.
Kwangyeon :
If it’s like that, definitely Youngjun hyung. Our hyung~~ he’s a good choice. He really gives all of his best for what he wants to achieve~
Youngjun : I think that is sincerity. Next time I’ll be more careful. Especially when I take a bath.
Jaehun : Nobody really wants to choose me? Please choose me. I’m not a bad choice. As a man~
Hyoseok : Among these members? Don’t be Choi Jaehun~~ It’s just this man is really timid. Looks easy~~ He’s looks so easy.
Jaehun : Ah~ Now I must hear that I’m easy.

J: Jaehun don’t be depressed, your diet has been a current topic. It’s no joke when we saw the diet menu you revealed on the mini homepage. Is that really possible? Please reveal your diet secret!
Jaehun :
By the way, rather than the diets of usual artists, there’s a worse diet than that. Like a usual person, there are times when I run away in the dawn and go to convenience store to get away from the diet for a while. Really, if I’m always eating like that it’ll not be good to my health. Then I decided, “Ah~ I must lose a few kg”. when I became successful with it, little by little I began to eat another diet menu. If I could, I tried to keep eating like that. When I’m in junior high school suddenly I gained a lot of weight, and I once lost 20kg in my senior high time. But after I lost it, I began to gain weight once again. So before debut, I thought I should lose more weight about 15 kg. I continued doing it exactly the same, I lost weight the most from the first thought to lose about 15 kg because I weigh about 86kg before. Now I weight about 57kg. I lost about 30kg. Rather than “one food diet”, it’s the best to move a lot, drink a lot of water, sleep a lot, I think the most important is sleeping. If you just sleep when you’re hungry it’s the best way you could lose a lot of weight. In the end, sleep is a must. If I don’t sleep, I’ll eat.
Hyoseok : Don’t you gain more weight if you’re sleeping?
Youngjun : No, there’s a research result about that. People gain more in waking hours because they eat a lot at that time.

J : Thank you for these valuable information. Today was really enjoyable. For the final question, what are your plan and your goal for 2011?
Jaehun :
For now we’ll appear on music programs, we’ll promote so people will know that there’s a band name LEDApple. Our best wish is to perform on a big stage at the end of the year and we hope to do it well. So for the next album too, we want to show a more cool and unique music.

J : LedApple once again did an interview with Junior in this short time. Although the members have changed~
L :
We’ll pray that next time you won’t meet another new person but these same faces once again. Please take care of us and give us lots of love~~

J: Yes~ We hope only the best for all of you.
L :
Thank you.


JAEHOON.
Who are your best allies in the world?

My mom, my sister, but I think moms give the best love in the world. There’s no one more comfortable to talk to than your sister. There is no need to lie to your sisters.

What do you want to be when you are born again?
A whale, I have thought about wanting to be a whale. For some reason, they are calm while swimming and thinking at the same time and I envy that.

What do you do when you can’t sleep?
I listen to songs, or count sheep. I love listening to my voice on MR, and if it doesn’t work, one sheep… two sheep… three sheep…

What are the things which give you comfort?
Sketchbook, MP3, smiles, I like to draw on my sketchbook when I’m stressed. I also like clothes and I like window-shopping.

If you were to be reborn, what would you chose, to be a man or a woman?
I’d like to be reborn as a man. There are a lot of things I still want to do and if I will be reborn, I want to do those things as a man.

What makes your heart pound for a woman?
When her hair is tied up, but eye smiles are the best way to make my heart flutter.

What kind of fashion style you like most on women?
I like Street fashion, Japanese style, a bit of an unusual fashion.

What part of your face is your favorite part?
Eyes. It has a strong image which is good for some situations.

What is your favorite food?
I really like sandwiches. If there’s a warm cup of Americano it would feel like… the whole world to me.

If there is, what is the most awkward/clumsiest thing in this world?
With a girlfriend, laughing, getting angry. Having a girlfriend who seems to be making it difficult and awkward. One time you’re just laughing and all of a sudden, she’ll get mad for no reason. A bit short on expressing the emotions.


HYOSEOK.
Who are your best allies in the world?

I think my family, my friends. Whenever and wherever I am worried, my friends and family are always there to support me.

What do you want to be when you are born again?
An eagle, the king of the skies. Awesome and strong~ I want to be free and fly to the sky. Though I hate that he is bald-headed…

What do you do when you can’t sleep?
Listening to music or watching a movie or watching a cartoon or talking to friends over the phone. Also, exercise.

What are the things which give you comfort?
Photos. I gain comfort while going through photos and memories.

If you were to be reborn, what would you chose, to be a man or a woman?
A man. Once I wished to be reborn as a woman but, I feel like living as a man is better.

What makes your heart pound for a woman?
When she strokes her hair behind her ears? When you’re holding her hands? When her hair is tied back? My heart pounds.

What kind of fashion style you like most on women?
Wearing a long one piece dress with innocent and romantic style.

What part of your face is your favorite part?
I like my lips. I smile when I hear cute sounds. Hi hi hi

What is your favorite food?
My mother’s rice balls. It’s an unforgettable taste.

If there is, what is the most awkward/clumsiest thing in this world?
*missing part from scan*


KYUMIN.
Who are your best allies in the world?

My parents, my friends when I was a kid from our neighborhood. For ten years I have been spending time with my friends, we can lean on each other and we can give each other’s presence.

What do you want to be when you are born again?
The things I miss in this life and I won’t repeat the same thing.

What do you do when you can’t sleep?
Listening to music. Fall asleep while asking myself questions. I like Vibe sunbaenim so I listen to their songs a lot.

What are the things which give you comfort?
Piano. When I was 6 years old until junior high, I learned how to play the piano. When I was in the 3rd grade, I played for my aunt’s wedding. After taking a break, I came back for high school and started learning music compositions. When I started schools again, I play sad music when I’m sad, happy music when I’m happy. It depends on the mood. It seems to be the most peaceful and comforting for me.

If you were to be reborn, what would you chose, to be a man or a woman?
Once you’ve been a man, you’d also like to see what it feels being a woman.

What makes your heart pound for a woman?
When I like a girl, everything she does makes my heart flutter. When staring at each other without the need to say anything? My heart flutters when she strokes her hair.

What kind of fashion style you like most on women?
I like a girl looking casual with a sleeveless top and engineer boots. I personally like wearing engineer boots. Therefore, my ideal girl is someone who like engineer boots so we can go out together with that couple look.

What part of your face is your favorite part?
My eyes. I didn’t have eyelid surgery so it’s better to have it small. Also you can apply thicker eyeliner.

What is your favorite food?
Pizza, served with shrimps and potato combined and melts. The thought of it makes me happy.

If there is, what is the most awkward/clumsiest thing in this world?
Studying? I have been studying really hard since I was a kid but it was interrupted when I pursued singing. In conclusion, the principal evaluated and said I couldn’t continue with my study…


KWANGYEON.
Who are your best allies in the world?

Our fans, and my family. Because they love me no matter what.

What do you want to be when you are born again?
A dog, a cat, because I’m an animal lover.

What do you do when you can’t sleep?
I just try to sleep. But when it doesn’t help I just get more annoyed.

What are the things which give you comfort?
MP3, photos, music & photos comforts me because I’m reminded of all the memories.

If you were to be reborn, what would you chose, to be a man or a woman?
I would try being a woman. Right now it feels good being a man, but I would like to see how it is being a woman.

What makes your heart pound for a woman?
A woman playing guitar, when she lifts/strokes her long hair with both of her hands? It looks sexy.

What kind of fashion style you like most on women?
Dandy fashion, it looks clean. Somehow an exposing fashion that it would look cool and sexy.

What part of your face is your favorite part?
Pupil of my eyes, it’s so clean I can hear sounds thru it.

What is your favorite food?
I like bread the best. Specifically with cream! It melts in your mouth.

If there is, what is the most awkward/clumsiest thing in this world?
Making expressions for the camera. Whenever I do that, I’m dying because of too much awkwardness. Though I do my hardest, it’s still difficult.


YOUNGJUN.
Who are your best allies in the world?

The devil. Because I’m wearing the devil’s ring.

What do you want to be when you are born again?
A dragon, since I was young I have believed that there are dragons.

What do you do when you can’t sleep?
I play the guitar.

What are the things which give you comfort?
Guitar.

If you were to be reborn, what would you chose, to be a man or a woman?
A man. Women don’t believe in themselves.

What makes your heart pound for a woman?
When she smiles when she sees me.

What kind of fashion style you like most on women?
Cool style that reveals the body’s curves?!

What part of your face is your favorite part?
My eyes, a lot of people seems to like eyes.

What is your favorite food?
Tonkatsu.

If there is, what is the most awkward/clumsiest thing in this world?
An honest expression. Deep inside you’ll feel it’s awkward doing that expression.






Credits: JUNIOR Magazine | ♥ Ru @ LEDAfied
Translation: jerism and sein @ LEDAfied
Sharing is sexy

Related posts

0 komentar for this post

Leave a reply