[Trans] Seventeen February 2012 Q & A, 2PM Junsu

By Blogger Master Jumat, 30 Desember 2011 0 comments

Q01. Within 2PM what kind of character are you?
Firstly I'm in charge of the main vocals. And I'm the atmosphere maker who makes everyone happy! I'm from Daegu in the southern part of Korea, and through the Daegu dialect (the members) laugh. Using the Kansaiben (Kansai dialect) is similar.

Q02. What do you want the Japanese fans to call you?
Call me a panda! My eyes look innocent don't they? For a long time my friends have called me Jun as an English name. For reference panda in Korean is also said panda.

Q03. What work has you absorbed recently? (what is my boom?)
I've been absorbed with composing for a long time. Recently, for studying, I've fallen into listening to the Japanese hits from the 1950s~60s. Anyway I'm listening to a lot of songs.

Q04. If you were to describe your personality in one word?
Ah-jjeu-i! (Hot) Whatever the work is I'm passionate about it.

Q05. Out of Japanese artists, who do you like?
TERIYAKI BOYZ!! And recently I also like GAGLE (Hip hop trio from Sendai)!!

Q06. Junsu, who is the leading sharp dresser in 2PM, what kind of style do you prefer?
European brands, Casual style = Euro Street Style. I often wear blue jeans and just a cardigan or jacket kind of thing.

Q07. What smartphone app do you like?
Translation application. I study Japanese through this!

Q08. What emoticon do you use often?
It's not that I don't send texts but I don't use emoticons so I often hear "are you mad?"

Q09. If you had a vacation what would you want to do?
If it was just one day, I'd want to just leisurely sit and drink an americano coffee which i like. And I'd spend it with friends. If it was something like a week....I'd want to go to Switzerland! When I was young I saw a picture of Switzerland and it was really pretty you know. It seems like you could purify your heart. I like places with a lot of nature.

Q10. Japanese that you've learned recently or that you like?
Recently I learned 'kashikoi desu' (clever)! I like 'shirokuma' (polar bear). Because it's easy to memorize and the pronunciation is also easy.

Q11. Something you think "I won't lose to other people!"
Flicking people very hard! I'm the strongest out of 2PM. It really hurts~ I've trained since elementary school you know. (I'm the the strongest~ you hear it ㅡㅡ)

Q12. Fashion item you've recently bought?
The Dr. Martin's rare boots. I put some glittering shiny things on it.

Q13. Right now in Korea what're some popular sayings among the young people?
Daebak! It's similar to Japan's "Yabai" (originally it meant something was dangerous but now it's popular for saying something is the best). It's great! or The best! you can use it for both of those meanings.

Q14. What do you want the most right now?
Psychic powers. For example if you're driving and there is a pretty girl, you could stop time and run back to see her face again! --is a joke of course. When there are a lot of things you want to do, if you could stop time you could do them all right?

Q15. At home what is your style for deciding what to wear?
Pair of panties (laughter)! (In Japan "pants" is the same as "baji" [korean word for pants] but you see how he laughed...)

Q16. (advice) Hip hop dance is really good, what do you need to do to be able to dance as well as 2pm?
When I went into the office in 2004 I really couldn't dance at all. I received lessons for 3 months but it was so hard that once I cried really hard (laughter). You can write notes, illustrations or memos but anyway I think the best way is to just keep practicing!

Q17. If one started to date Junsu, what kind of dates would you take us on?
I want to walk while holding hands. And I'm the type who would diligently check anniversaries so I would give a surprise event! If it was Christmas I would put candles on the floor and prepare a cake and a really big panda stuffed animal and put on music. I would say "Merry Christmas!!!" and turn on the music.

Q18. What's the design of your room like?
ah~ it's ordinary!!! One day when I get my own place I want to make it up. I like Rene Margritte or Nara Yoshitomo paintings so I want to put a lot of them on the walls.

Q19. What do you do at home?
I play piano or make songs... Really there's a lot related to music.

Q20. Something you'd like to say to ST's readers?
Excessive dieting isn't good. Eat a lot, especially the Ootoro that i like!! Please eat a lot a lot of it! Don't worry about gaining weight. Ah, even so, to the degree that your stomach comes out (laughter).

Q21. Tell us 3 songs in your ipad that you like
Remy Shand's "Rocksteady", D'angelo's "Feel Like Makin' Love", and SWV's "Rain"

Q22. What do you like in women's fashion?
Individuality is good too, but actually I like girls who look good in simple t-shirts and blue jeans. And not loose, but fitted clothes are good.

Q23. You really sing well, is there a secret to it?
I've liked singing for a long time so I really practiced a lot. I also tried following the singing methods of singers that I liked. By doing that little by little I discovered my own style.

Q24. Your skin is really good!! How do you take care of it?
What? Me? mm~ I don't do anything but wash my face, i don't even put on skin cream. Even if you use it it's possible to have trouble so you can just wash your face in the morning and night with cold water.

Q25. When you come to Japan, is there a store you must go to?
I want to go shopping but there's never any time so I haven't been able to walk around. When we went to Omotesando I bought a cardigan from 'NUMBER (N)INE'. I like Japanese brands, especially 'phenomenon' and 'Y-3'! I want to go to Omotesando...

Q26. What kind of high schooler were you?
I would eat snacks secretly in class, whisper conversations with friends, secretly hit my sleeping friends and turn around....did all that and was scolded by the teachers a lot (laughter). Even so I had a lot of curiosity so I was the type to take on this or that challenge. I'm proud that even if I was late I was never absent.

Q27. Were you in clubs?
In high school since I would go straight home after class to compose I didn't do any club activities. In elementary school ~eh since it was interesting I was affiliated with the broadcasting club.

Q28. When did you start composing?
Since I was a first year in high school. I was attending a regular high school but no matter what I wanted to compose music so I went to a vocational school. The first song I made, "Sunshine" I gave as a present to Kan Miyeon and we sang it as a duet.

Q29. What kind of female behavior do you like?
Brushing hair behind their ears. It's nice if her hair is long.

Q30. Cute girl and pretty girl, which is your type?
All! (laughter) Just kidding. I like a person who has individuality in her outer appearance and a cute personality.



Source: Seventeen Magazine February 2012
Scans from: rikakotsu @ JunkayStreet (rest of the scans posted here)
Translated by: 백투유 @ Daegutang (JP-Kor) & mcheller @ W2D (Kor-Eng) Sharing is sexy

Related posts

0 komentar for this post

Leave a reply