[News] 2NE1 "I Am The Best" named one of the best singles by SLANT Magazine

By Blogger Master Jumat, 16 Desember 2011 0 comments


2NE1's talent has been recognized overseas once again and named one of the best singles of the year by famed U.S. entertainment publication SLANT Magazine.

On December 13th, SLANT published their "The 25 Best Singles of 2011" list, and 2NE1 was elected as #21 with their hit single "I Am The Best". The Korean pop quartets lined up themselves along world-renowned artists including Beyonce, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga.

SLANT Magazine described 2NE1's "I Am The Best" as:
One of 2011's best developments was that the Western world finally discovered the unmitigated joy of K-pop. Even within a music scene characterized by its fearless appropriation of pop, hip-hop, and dance styles, 2NE1's "I Am the Best" is a jaw-dropping, vibrant triumph of pure swagger and verve. Really, who's going to argue with logic like "Even if you were me/You'd be envious of this body" or stand in the crosshairs for 2NE1's machine-gun "rah-tah-tah" hook? It ain't bragging if it's true, and 2NE1's "I Am the Best" makes its case airtight.

Source
Written by: jhezwafu @dkpopnews.net
Stay updated on the latest KPOP news. Follow me on Twitter @jhezwafu. Sharing is sexy

Related posts

0 komentar for this post

Leave a reply