[INT] LEDApple's Bugs Interview

By Blogger Master Jumat, 23 Desember 2011 0 comments

Posted Image
Six handsome idols who shine brightly on stage, fresh and visual rock idol band, LEDApple! With their current title single “Somehow Met by Chance”, LEDApple can show us what their music is through performances and rhythm. LEDApple wants to show their passion and strengths through how they will improve their music skills that can make them shine brightly for future success. Passion and power, musical capabilities, to be music industry’s shining visual idol rock band, we will meet LEDApple today!


Posted Image
Q. Nice to meet you. What does your group name “LEDApple” means?
A. LED stands for shining brightly as L.E.D. on stages, Apple is for freshness as idols, it means that we are fresh like apples, also we took LED form the respectable LED Zeppelin.


Q. I like your single “How Dare You”. With this single, what kind of music style are you trying to show?
A. Electronic sound band without forgetting the essence of pursuing it as a band, we wanted to show the music style by combining the unique retro feel and the 21st century sound.


Q. Please introduce your current title song “Somehow Met by Chance”.
A. In our title song “Somehow Met by Chance”, we worked with the composer Shin SaDong HoRaeng and G-fla’s guitarist who is an acquaintance of ours. The lyrics are by one of the nation’s top lyricists Kim IhNa, and of course us, LEDApple, who will show everyone very powerful performances and intense sound.


Posted Image
Q. On stage, you show us a new concept of performing and you’re now known as “Performance Band” which drew attention because there is choreography, which I think, is a unique concept. As a new band, what are trying to attempt?
A. The existing bands are known for having stylish and luxurious image, we want to show our passion through our intense performances and powerful music. We will show you variety of concepts as a band through our future performances.


Q. When you perform on stage, we notice touch screen instruments which are very high-tech, who are the members who use it? What kind of feel do these instruments add to the performance?
A. I, KeonU, am in-charge of that. Although we are a band, we are doing an electronic concept for this, the drums, bass, and guitar sounds great but it lacks the electronic sound. As the DJ, I am in-charge of providing that electronic sound to suffice the performance.


Q. Also, you are known as a visual band, what do you think is your difference from the idols?
A. From the 6 members, we have 2 vocalists and a DJ. Another unique point is that our average height is 180cm and also, we want to be the first chic rock group.


Q. I heard that HanByul is from a dentistry school in Australia, which makes him a new “EomChinAh” in the entertainment industry, what is the reason behind pursuing to become a singer instead of continuing with your studies?
A. It would be really good if I could just sing, I love music so much so I decided to come to Korea to audition and I have no regrets about it. I don’t want to study music, I’d rather do it since it has been my dream since high school.


Q. KwangYeon, in “Someone Met by Chance” MV, you worked with Nam Gyuri, was there any awkwardness? While filming, were there any episodes?
A. I was very worried at first because it’s the first time for me to look someone directly in the eyes. There was the point where I need to save myself and do well so I told myself that I can do this then it was easier for me. As for an episode, we have the scene where we have to look at each other with a glass in between of us. That scene was praised by the director and he said that I did very well (laughs).


Q. HyoSeok, we heard that when you are with the other members you are playful and does a lot of aegyo (cute act), what kind of jokes or aegyo you usually do to catch another member attention?
A. HyoSeok: There’s nothing like that.
HanByul: Maybe he himself doesn’t know it. Although among our members, Hyoseok doesn’t do a
lot of aegyo, he likes to joke so much. However he’s so mature.
HyoSeok: It’s not like that. I’m just a chic one.


Q. KyuMin, before debut you already have a career as a model for magazines and various activities, when did it begin?
A. By my second year of high school, I suddenly grew taller, and then on the street, someone offered me to become a model, and I think after that I started to model for a magazine. I also had an appearance in a teaser video.


Q. YoungJun, when was the first time you learn to play guitar? And then what’s the reason behind becoming LEDApple’s spokesperson?
A. After I saw a band named X-Japan, I wanted to play guitar so I enrolled in a high school with practical music course. After that I learned to play guitar and I still play guitar until now. While preparing for this album, I knew about touch guitar because there are a lot of people who said it’s cool. Because it’s touch screen, I just touch it to play it. In the future, I want to show more of my personality. And as for being the spokesperson, I think it was because I only talk about the things that are important and needed to be said.


Q. KeonU, you have been participating in making movie soundtracks. You seem to have a lot of interest in movie’s soundtrack, do you?
A. I don’t want to classify it only as the film’s music (soundtrack). Actually, what we called soundtrack has a lot of different genre depends on the situation. Since I have experienced its various genres broadly, it seems natural for me to have an interest in movie soundtracks.


Posted Image
Q. Since when did all of you dreamt to be a singer?
A. HanByul: In Australia, the first time I went to a karaoke, unexpectedly people said that I sang so well. At that time, I felt deeply moved and touched by those words. At the karaoke I sang a song of our senior Kim Gun mo. (While impersonating Kim Gun Mo’s voice) I liked impersonating another person’s voice since I was a freshman in junior high.
KwangYeon: I already had a lot of interest in becoming a singer since I was young. I began to play bass when I was a freshman in high school, and then I looked for a way of how I could improve my skills, after looking for opportunities, I auditioned for Startory Entertainment then finally, I joined LED Apple.
KyuMin: When I was in the 5th grade of elementary school, I have a teacher who was a vocalist of a band in our community. At that time, when the students were sleepy in the middle of the lesson, he would play his guitar and sing for us. I think I was inspired by that. Until now I still keep contact with my teacher and I also get a lot of advices from him.
KeonU: Although I enjoy singing, I didn’t pursue a dream to become a singer. I like composing because I like music, since I had participated a lot in the process of making film’s soundtrack. While at it somehow I got a chance to be with LEDApple and I was comfortable with them that I was able to show myself and that was it.
HyoSeok: I started to play the drums since my freshman year in junior high school at church. After that, I continued my studies at High School of Art and encountered the music world.
YoungJun: I was 13 years old the first time I came across a band. I watched our senior Buzz and fell in love with band for the first time. After that while I was pursuing my studies at a practical music high school when I got to watch the performance of our senior FT Island, I think since then the feeling to be one like them emerged.


Q. What kind of musician do you want to be recognized as?
A. For now, in our country, bands aren’t the main music, unlike in other countries. We just want to be together and play our own music for a long time. 40 years later, we want to do a world tour and that our name can always be remembered in the world’s music industry.


Q. Please tell us about your plan of future activities.
A. We want to show a lot through live performances and we also want to tell more about our song. In addition of that, we’ll do a lot of broadcasting activities and gather a lot of skill by doing those. And then we’ll work harder to be better.


Q. Thank you for the interview. Finally, please give our Bugs family a closing.
A. Did you enjoy the interview? Because we will work hard in the future please look forward to it and send us lots of love. This is LED Apple.


Posted Image
An idol rock band who knows how to enjoy doing their music, a band that you can’t find anywhere else, if you don’t know about LED Apple’s music, you might regret it. You want visual, they will give you visual. If you want great music, you’ll get it in a complete package through LED Apple. It’s not enough to only hear their mini album’s track 2, “Somehow met by chance”. You’ll realize you have to make playlist of LED Apple’s song in your gadget.


Credits: Bugs Music | JuliaLucifer91 @ LEDAfied
Translation: jerism & sein @ LEDAfied
Sharing is sexy

Related posts

0 komentar for this post

Leave a reply